Re: Typing in bar characters (accented characters?)

On Sunday 06 October 2013 07:44:22 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Jo, 29 aug 13, 12:09:21, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 August 2013 22:37:25 Bob Proulx wrote:
> > > Because now I know that specifically they want to input the
> > > barred characters āēīōū what would be possible methods to type
> > > those in that I should recommend to them?
> >
> > I cannot even display these characters in oyur email!  I get
> > empty boxes. This thread would appear to apply only to US
> > keyboards and locales.
>
> This is usually because the font you are using does not include
> that those characters. You could try switching your mail client
> (Kmail if I recall correctly) to something like DejaVu.

Thanks, Andrei.  You are right that I use KMail, with Bitstream Vera
Sans.

Out of interest, I copied and pasted the relevant section Bob's email
into LOWriter, with a view to changing the font an looking at the
result.  But I didn't need to change the font.  It displayed
correctly in Bitstream Vera Sans.

Curiouser and curiouser!  But at least I now know how to display
something that is not displaying correctly in  KMail.  Copy and paste
to LOWriter.

Lisi