Re: apt-pinning, strange behavior

Le 10.10.2013 23:06, Dmitrii Kashin a écrit :
berenger.morel@neutralite.org writes:

In the same priority range, the package which will be installed is the
one with the highest priority, so it is fine to have one set of
package with 500 ( or I could take 600 or any other value ) for low
priority, and the other at 900 ( or 800 or... ), so that the version
with 900 will be installed against the lower one, even if the lower
one is more recent.

Oh... Truely? I thought differently and was sure I am right.

Maybe you are right, but in that case, how would you explain the behavior I had if a package of a priority of 500 is considered to have the same priority as a package with 900 ? ;)

I just skimmed again through apt_preferences man page, but did not find
such examples or explanations. Where's it documented?

I must admit, that I only base my words on old readings and experimentations. It also seems logic: what would be the interest to have so wide ranges of numbers oterwise? Maybe I'm wrong, but what I have seen those days tends to prove that I am not.