Re: Mouse scrolling speed

On 2013-10-06, Dolev Farhi <dolev@sys-blog.net> wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm running Debian 6 with GNOME.
> My mouse scroll is somewhat slow, It takes about 5-6 scrolls to get to
> the bottom of a page.
> in the mouse control GUI there is no indication of scrolling speed.
> Googling about this brought no solutions except using XFCE.
> anyone got a clue how to speed up the mouse scroll?

You might try xinput.

My scroll wheel, however, if I'm understanding the output I will reveal
below correctly, is already adjusted to most the rapid setting (which is
1; the higher the value the slower the scroll).

And is this quality (scrolliness) not also application-dependant?

curty@einstein:~$ xinput list-props 9
Device 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse':
        Device Enabled (142):   1
        Device Accel Profile (261):     0
        Device Accel Constant Deceleration (262):       1.000000
        Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (264):       1.000000
<snip>