Re: I have an Openoffice question for small business.

On 10/10/13, Ezequiel <ezequielandrush@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all for your replies. I am actually pinning OO in order to use
> oldstable versions. I guess I will try to compile it an make my own repos.
> You were very helpfull.
>
> I'm not giving up convincing my users, but I know it's a hopeless fight :P

Never hopeless :)

I suggest this strategy:

Pick your noisest, complaining-est users :)

Do a very short survey (on paper, just go and ask them, write down
their answers) on their important features and past trouble spots.

Learn those things those users need, in the newest version of LO.

Conduct a brief training class for those users, and others who wish to join.

That is - migrate the toughest users first, and the rest will be a
breeze. Recipe for failure: leave the difficult ones to last. The
tough/ challenging cases (technical AND political), are the important
employees you MUST handle first! Satisfy "enough" these tough cases,
and you will satisfy "enough" all.

Good luck :)
Zenaan