Re: I have an Openoffice question for small business.

Le 09.10.2013 23:04, Joe a écrit :
On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:52:43 -0300
Ezequiel <ezequielandrush@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks to all for your replies. I am actually pinning OO in order to
use oldstable versions. I guess I will try to compile it an make my
own repos. You were very helpfull.

Bear in mind that OOo and LO use Java for various purposes, and Java is
under continuous siege from the bad guys.

But Java is not a dependency, it is only recommended. Those tools works fine without java. I would not even have thought half a minute to install them otherwise, and not because of security breaches in java ( which will more often be used via internet browsers, not for something like an office suite ).