Re: I have an Openoffice question for small business.

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:52:43 -0300
Ezequiel <ezequielandrush@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all for your replies. I am actually pinning OO in order to
> use oldstable versions. I guess I will try to compile it an make my
> own repos. You were very helpfull.

Bear in mind that OOo and LO use Java for various purposes, and Java is
under continuous siege from the bad guys.

> I'm not giving up convincing my users, but I know it's a hopeless
> fight :P
>
> It feels good to know I am not alone here...

If they are former users of Microsoft Office, they will know everything
there is to know about new versions being incompatible with old ones,
commands being moved to different menus, and all that kind of stuff.
OOo/LO is certainly no worse.

As always, it will depend on the features used, I hardly notice
differences between versions as I'm not very demanding. But they are
improving quickly, they are still quite buggy and every version
(usually) brings improvements. LibreOffice Base is now just about
usable.

--
Joe