Re: which MTA to choose for a simple client?

On 2013-10-09, berenger.morel@neutralite.org <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:

>> - How do I plan to access mails using mutt (IMAP or local storage?)
>
> IMAP. Local storage is probably nice for some uses, but I'll be honest:
> I can not see the interest of reading all my mails without Internet
> access. I do not say there are no uses for that, simply, they are not my
> uses.

What use do you find for an MTA if you're using IMAP?  You don't need to fetch
(and eventually distribute/redistribute) mail, as you're leaving it on
the server.

Of course, there's the question of local daemons (etc.) sending system messages to
root (there are small, simple solutions for that).

As far as having multiple smart hosts, alpine (my mail client) handles
that with "roles" easily enough.  I'm sure (well, I'm optimistic) Mutt
can do the same thing.