Re: sid dist-upgrade will remove Xorg and hold back replacement

Joel Roth:

> As often happens, I'd fallen behind on upgrading lately, and
> had some catching up to do.

My experience is that sid is much smoother when upgrades are performed
very often, at least once a week.

In your situation I would have checked whether the video driver that I
actually use would be removed as well and, if not, perform the upgrade.
Metapackages like xserver-xorg-video-all often lead to situations like
yours and serve no other purpose than to make life easier for people who
most probably don't run sid anyway.

J.
--
In the west we kill people like chickens.
[Agree]   [Disagree]