Re: VLC freezes system

On 03/10/13 03:50 AM, Anubhav wrote:
But the freeze happens only when I use vlc, to be more specific it
happens when I click on a video file, after watching two-three videos

But have you tested your memory? Have you looked at the log files?

Note also that Memtest doesn't always show all problems. I've seen a couple of systems where combined disk and CPU activity also causes lockups due to the memory not being fast enough. Reducing the BIOS memory speed fixed it - even though memtest showed no errors at the full speed.