Screen resolution [was: Re: Building computer]

On 02 Oct 2013, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

[snip]
> > No apology needed. You did in fact peg my age correctly; I will be 61 next
> > month. And I too have known people who run less than the native resolution
> > to make the fonts bigger. When I get to that point, though, I will simply increase
> > the font size so I don't get jaggies and blurry letters. Right now my eyes need
> > the sharpness of the image, not a size increase.

[snip]

Increasing the size of the term font isn't a solution for the very tiny menu
fonts you get in some applications, e.g. imagemagick. For this reason,
at least on my desktop with a CRT monitor, I use 1280x1024 instead of
1600x1200. There is no obvious degradation of quality, at least to my
worsening eyes. On my laptop this doesn't work well because you get
distortion at any resolution other than the native.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acupuncturecourse.org.uk