From: Evuraan <evuraan@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2013 2:47:10 PM
Subject: 2013 -- KDE or GNOME?

I've been on Gnome for years. (vdpau, GT430, 1080p - the typical nvidia setup)

Looking at http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/i386/bt-hybrid/, I gotta ask:

These days, kde or gnome - which one?

iirc, kde does retina display (high dpi), and gnome yet may not etc.

thanks in advance!

I don't know why you feel obligated to make a choice. Try them both and see which one you prefer.

The trend lately has been toward KDE but also to Gnome desktop alternatives like Mate and other desktops like Xfce and LXDE.