Re: AMD AGPUs, 3D acceleration, and linux-libre in Debian

The newer Richland APUs also should work, topping out with the A10-6800k.

As for the GPU, I don't expect 3d will work w/o the binary firmware blobs.

Even 2d might not work.  And even if it does, there is still non-free video-
bios on the apu, AIUI.  (There certainly is on all discreet radeon cards.)

You might be able to do a fully-Free-Software C32 or G34 board, but the
on-board vga on those probably is not up to 3d.

You can use a discreet card with the asus mb.  Perhaps there is one w/o
propietary blobs?

Good luck.  I'd be curious to know how it works out.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6