Re: Gnome shell won't open.

I'm using nvidia's binary blob instead of the drivers in apt, and for some reason they had to be reinstalled. Everything started working after that, but there seems to be some conflict between the binary blob and some apt-get updates. Usually though when there is no direct rendering I just get gnome-classic, so there could be a bug of it not detecting the situation.