Re: shutdown and restart menu item disappeared from user menu

"Kailash" wrote:

>You can install gnome-shell-extensions and you should have the power off
>option available.
>https://extensions.gnome.org/

Now I have understood it is the "Alternative Status Menu" extension

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/5/alternative-status-menu/

and can be enable  or disabled from the link above or from

https://extensions.gnome.org/local/

(I write this here so that who has the same problem can easily find how to make the change.)

I have to conclude that I had it always been installed  (since transition from squeeze) and I had never realized that what I see was not the normal plain gnome.

I am pretty sure I have not turned it off, so it is a little strange that the menu changed (the only thing I remember I have done was to use the suspend function, while I usually use the shutdown).

I have struggled to look in the gnome options, but with no luck. And now I can understand the reason: it is an extension not an option.
Thank you very much, Kailash, this solve the mystery ...
and many thanks to Antti too

Sincerely,

Andrea Fascilla