Re: How to consistently install a set of packages?

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 10:52:25PM +1000, David wrote:
> On 06/06/2013, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jo, 06 iun 13, 14:39:22, David wrote:
> > For my curiosity, could you please provide an example where *system*
> > users need to be synchronized between different machines?
>
> Hi Andrei
>
> Each machine has multiple OS root partitions managed by grub1,
> each with /usr and /var. There is a different home dir for each OS with
> its own dotfiles (lets say that to keep this story simpler), but most of
> my work data files are bindmounted under it from a common data
> partition.
> For example, I might want to play with a http server, that I could run on
> any machine, but it would have data available from the synced data
> partition. Another possible candidate would be dnsmasq.

Sounds like a job for ssh! ??

Each machine could then be "headless" then use your most portable
machine as display and keyboard?

virtual machines to test out another OS

There must be a particular reason why you have decided to do things that
way. I would be interested to know what that reason is.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X