Unusual behavior

I've been running Wheezy for a few months now and lately (seemingly at
random times) I get a dialog popping up telling me that "Authentication
is required to update packages". When I view the details in the dialog,
it shows the Action as -
org.freedesktop.packagekit.system-update .  The vendor is listed as "The
PackageKit Project" which has an URL of http://www.packagekit.org/

I don't recall explicitly installing this and was wondering if it is now
a part of the distro. Thanks for the input.

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons (Mistakes) not learned are bound to be repeated.