Upgrading from squeeze to wheezy fails with error

Today I tried upgrading from squeeze to wheezy. I followed the instructions
here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-upgrade-debian-squeeze-to-wheezy

When I did the dist-upgrade, after it downloaded several hundred files, it
gave me this error message:

E: Could not perform immediate configuration on 'libgstreamer0.10-0'. Please
see man 5 apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)

I am stuck. Although others have experienced this problem, there are few
solutions. The solutions I found did not work.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed.