Re: Email suggestions

On 6/4/2013 3:01 AM, Guy Marcenac wrote:
Le 03/06/2013 23:21, Jerry Stuckle a écrit :
> sure they create archive mail folders AND move the mail to those
> folders once the mail is read.... you will end up with mail on the
> server.

Yes, and that's what concerns me.  I don't know exactly how my users
manage their inboxes.  If they're as bad as I am, the required space
can easily get out of hand :)

You could enforce a quota policy. Dovecot implements it, and it looks
quite easy to setup:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota

I don't like quotas.  They are just too restricting.

For instance, when someone is in the office, they could keep their email cleaned up. However if they go on two weeks vacation and easily have their mailbox fill up. Then email would be lost.