Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Released

Am 10.05.2013 um 05:20 schrieb Chris Bannister:

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:48:40AM +0200, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

You can try to install from Windows.

This method is convenient and saves your time (no need to prepare
install media).

You mean from here?
http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

No, I mean

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s01.html.en#boot-win32

Last time I installed from Win was ~5 years ago: Forgot the power supply of my notebook at home, and bought a Acer One netbook on my travel. The Acer had Win XP installed but no CD drive. And booting from Win is more convenient than creating a bootable USB stick.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer