Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

Patrick Bartek:
> Siard:
> > I've got a Kobo Glo.  When connected via USB, the 'Connect'
> > interface immediately shows up, also with Linux.  Looks like they
> > did already fix it.
>
> I have the Touch model, purchased last year, and even with the latest
> software--updated yesterday to 2.5.1--it doesn't with Linux, but does
> with Windows and OSX. With Linux, the 'Connect' interface flashes for
> less than a second like it always has, then disappears.  Even 'lsusb'
> from the command line doesn't list it. This is a known and persistent
> problem.  Consider yourself fortunate that yours works.

Yet, googling around, I haven't yet seen usb problems reported with the
Kobo Touch and Linux.  E.g., this is what I find at
www.darkcoding.net/misc/kobo-ereader-touch-on-ubuntu-linux/ :

It's a USB device.

1. Plug it in to your Ubuntu machine (or probably any modern Linux
   distro). It shows up as a USB storage device.
2. Drag and drop books in any supported format onto it.
3. Unplug, switch on, read books.

It's that simple. If you had a solid-state MP3 player (before your
phone played them), this will feel familiar.

The setup software is Win / Mac only, but you don't need it. When you
start the device, it insists that you run the setup software. You don't
have to. As far as I can tell, the setup does two things:

* Forces you to create a kobobooks.com account. Lame.
* Updates the software on the device.

For this reason you might want to find a Windows or Mac machine at some
point.

Perhaps some udev problem?  You could try a second distro to see if that
works.