Re: Man Hates Less

Hi,

Dňa 08.05.2013 00:46 Draco Metallium(Rodrigo S. Cañibano)  wrote /
napísal(a):
> Last night I did a dist-upgrade of my wheezy debian, today I woke up
> without "less". I tried to install it via "apt-get install less" but it
> removes both man-db and debhelper.
>
> Does anyone know why is that? I am alone here?
>
> Should I panic?

No, you don't need panic :-)

It sometime happens (2-3 times /year), that one package is automatically
going from unstable to testing, but the another dependency no, because
some bug.

The man-db brokens the less older than v456, but the new version of the
less has a bug:

then it is still do not migrated into testing.

Simple:

1, do not upgrade the man-db package yet, until the problem will be
solved (you can temporary use keep or hold in aptitude), or
2, use less from unstable (http://packages.debian.org/sid/less), but be
aware about mentioned bug.

regards

--