Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

Le Mar 7 mai 2013 14:41, Chris Bannister a écrit :
> On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 01:54:30AM +0200, berenger.morel@neutralite.org
> wrote:
>
>> I have a very old computer too. I will not claim to use it on a
>> daily basis of course (I have only 2 arms, so I can not manage all my 3
>> keyboards :p)
>
> Ahhh!, but you could ssh into 2 computers from your 3rd computer
> and then you only need one keyboard and one monitor. :q)  :)

Of course :)
I am using ssh a lot, even if I do not really configure it correctly (I
should take some time to do that, but it's not my only thing to learn
btw).

> I'm assuming they are all connected via a network, which is a bit bold,
> but these days with cheap hubs and switches around it would be a bit
> unusual if they weren't connected.

You missed this phrase: "I will use that box [...] when I'll be able to
pass some network cables in my walls." ;)

My 2 "recent" computers (3 and 2 years still sound recent for me) are
connected to the home network, one by wi-fi, the other through a cable,
but not the old one: I do not want "running cables" and I can not
currently install a good old ethernet cable to link my (8 years old but
still working like a charm) switch to the damned future jukebox. Or maybe
I will make it a firewall. Or a file storage. Or an old gaming plat-form
(it still have old joystick connection, and I still have some old
joysticks). Or more than one of those usages... I'm still undecided :)
I simply now that it will be used, and this, thanks to Debian which is
able to be quite lightweight when you take some time to remove useless
packages.