Re: The order of my SATA and PATA are switching all the time

On Mon, 06 May 2013 23:28:01 -0400 (EDT), Tong wrote:

> Recently I added an old PATA HD to my system, which previously consist of
> two SATA HDs. Ever since then, the order of my SATA and PATA are keep
> switching.

This problem, and its solution, are discussed at length on my LILO web
page, starting with the discussion of the "boot" configuration file record.

   http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/lilo.htm

Basically, use udev-created symbolic links in /etc/fstab,
/etc/initramfs/conf.d/resume, and your boot loader.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :