RE: RE: Upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy fails

> Gnome-session-fallback is installed.  Classic Gnome is in the
> login menu.  My comments relate to that.
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'default profile'.  My guess
> is ~/.bashrc since I don't have a ~/.profile.  I think the
> relevant section of ~/.bashrc is:
>
> # enable color support of ls and also add handy aliases
> if [ "$TERM" != "dumb" ]; then
>     eval "`dircolors -b`"
>     alias ls='ls --color=auto'
>     alias dir='ls --color=auto --format=vertical'
>     #alias vdir='ls --color=auto --format=long'
> fi
>
> Thanks for the reply

The X terminal emulators themselves can have multiple profiles for different tasks, they are normally loaded, modified, and saved using the menu, typically Edit, Tools, Terminal, Options, Preferences, or Profiles. Then a choice under one of those menus.

Gnome's is under Edit|Profile Preferences|Colors tab, and uncheck the box next to "Use colors from system theme".

YYMV,

Good luck!