RE: Debian in the sunshine?

> I'm a long-time user of Debian, and also have an e-paper ebook reader.
> It occurs to me that something like a Debian laptop with an e-ink screen
> would be extremely useful, for, say, sitting on a sunny back porch in the
> summer and programming -- a situation where the normal luminous screens
> are a complete washout.  No, I don't expect to be able to watch videos on
> an e-ink screen.  But the kind of (non)dynamism that occurs when editing
> code in emacs should be easily achievable.
>
> Anybody know of any hardware that could be used (or, if necessary,
> abused) for this purpose?  Preferably with bog-standard Debian?
>
> -- hendrik

Jailbroken Kindles can be repurposed in theory, as they run Linux, but Debian is doubtful.  They run Amazon's code, not Android.  The Kindle 3, still available, has a limited keyboard, and I suppose you could hack a real USB keyboard onto it with some kind of black box, but it would be a hobby, a labor of love, not anything useful.  You can ssh into a Kindle, but that would not be answering your question.  Using the radio is a big, fat VERBOTEN.