Debian in the sunshine?

I'm a long-time user of Debian, and also have an e-paper ebook reader.
It occurs to me that something like a Debian laptop with an e-ink screen
would be extremely useful, for, say, sitting on a sunny back porch in the
summer and programming -- a situation where the normal luminous screens
are a complete washout.  No, I don't expect to be able to watch videos on
an e-ink screen.  But the kind of (non)dynamism that occurs when editing
code in emacs should be easily achievable.

Anybody know of any hardware that could be used (or, if necessary,
abused) for this purpose?  Preferably with bog-standard Debian?

-- hendrik