Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

Hi,
What I meant was I wan to upgrade an existing system from Squeeze to Wheezy but replacing Gnome2 with XFCE, which seems a more natural upgrade path. I'd rather not have the grief of trying to remove a load of gnome3 libraries. I think I'll have to install XFCE then remove Gnome2 before the upgrade?

Thanks,
James

On 6 May 2013 07:32, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Du, 05 mai 13, 23:44:36, Carl Fink wrote:

> That's really odd. Reinstalling Debian from scratch only takes an hour at
> most, after all. (I use dpkg --get-selections > selections.txt to record
> which packages I had installed.)

BTW:

+<section id="dpkg-set-selections">
+  <para>
+    The <command>dpkg --set-selections</command> command is now aware of the
+    architecture of packages it selects and can only set the state for known
+    packages. Therefore an up-to-date <filename>available</filename>
+    database is needed for the command to be useful.
+  </para>
+  <para>
+    To update the <filename>available</filename> database on an
+    <systemitem role="package">apt</systemitem>-based system, run the
+    <command>sync-available</command> command from the
+    <systemitem role="package">dctrl-tools</systemitem> package.
+    See the <ulink url="" FAQ</ulink>
+    for more information.
+  </para>
+</section>

(pending inclusion in the Release Notes)

Kind regards,
Andrei