Comments on 'chronicle'?

I'm trying to set up comments on my blog which is powered by 'chronicle',and I've installed the 'comments.cgi' into a /cgicomment directory in my 1and1 account, so its a 'multiple machine' setup as defined in the 'comments' page of the documentation with chronicle. Is this right, or where should I put it?

To publish my posts to the blog atm I use 'post-build = scp -r /home/boztu/blog/output/* foo@foobar.org.uk:foo/taste/ '.
How do I also add in this  for using the comments please 'post-build = /usr/bin/rsync -vazr ./output/* foo@foobar.org.uk:foo/taste/ '? This, according to the documentation, posts the comments to the posting of the blog.

How do I get each post to show a little bar with 'comments' written beside it, like on http://blog.steve.org.uk/? And also get the 'comments entry-box' showing please? i can see them in the 'blocky' templates directory but cant see how to action them?

Can anyone help and advise please?

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 7.0, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.0.2.2,