Re: Without SKYPE?

On Thu 02 May 2013 at 13:46:50 -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > We are in agreement. If you want to get in touch with somone on the
> > Skype network then the Skype software has to be used somewhere along the
> > line.
>
> As far as I can tell you are the only person in the thread that cares
> about that.

Maybe. Skype interoperating with other VoIP systems crops up every now
and again. It is a daydream; with millions of users and a closed network
they have no need to think seriously in such terms for the immediate
future.

>              OP does not seem to. He asked for a Skype alternative,
> which *could* read as something that talks to Skype, but is far from
> the most likely option in my mind. It sounds to me like he wants to do
> video and voice calls, which xmpp and sip can do just fine.

That is a possibility. The OP may want to clarify what exactly is his
desire. We could then focus on that rather than what we think he wants.