Re: Starting Iceweasel -- Any more Ideas?

On 04/11/2013 10:42 AM, Verde Denim wrote:
On 04/11/2013 12:41 AM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
Dear list -

Thanks for all your help.

Finally, I can start Iceweasel from the command line [sort of]:
iceweasel -no-remote localhost/choice.php width $1280 height $800

The above works.

But ... in a store.desktop multiple windows are opened.

#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Store Program
<snip>
Exec=iceweasel -no-remote localhost/choice.php width $1280 height $800
Terminal=false
X-MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application
Icon=iceweasel
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;

StartupWMClass=Firefox-bin
StartupNotify=true

=========
FYI Iceweasel is NOT running when I issue the command or click on the
icon.

TIA

Ethan

PS
The suggestions on migrating icedove to Thunderbird look excellent.

I'm reasonably good at three things at one time, but six is a little
much.  As soon as I can climb out of the hole I am in, I'll do the
migration and give a detailed answer.

I've got 3 instances of the .desktop file
  locate iceweasel.desktop
/home/jack/.local/share/applications/iceweasel.desktop
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/iceweasel.desktop
/usr/share/applications/iceweasel.desktop

My local version looks like this -
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Iceweasel

<snip>other language versions of "Name="</snip>

Comment=Browse the World Wide Web
<snip>other language versions of "Comment="</snip>

GenericName=Web Browser
<snip>other language versions of "GenericName="</snip>

X-GNOME-FullName=Iceweasel Web Browser
<snip>other language versions of "X-GNOME-FullName="</snip>

Exec=iceweasel %u
Terminal=false
X-MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application
Icon=iceweasel
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/vn
d.mozilla.xul+xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;i
mage/png;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;
StartupWMClass=Firefox-bin
StartupNotify=true

Other than the titles (which I'm assuming is in the snip section of your
post), the only difference I saw is that iceweasel is started with '%u'
where yours does not.

Also, is that a .local form of the desktop file or is it being stored
somewhere else (if the local and installed versions are different, the
local file takes precedence afaik).
Verde -

Thanks.

The iceweasel -no-remote localhost/choice.php width $1280 height $800

is what I need to start choice.php.

I have only one copy of both store.desktop and choice.php

Ethan