From: Chris Bannister [mailto:cbannister@slingshot.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:34 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Problem with Synaptic in Wheezy/Testing

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:48:55AM -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> Synaptic 0.75.12 in 64 bit Wheezy/Testing
>
> This is a new installation (several days ago).  Up until yesterday I
> could open Synaptic as a user from the pull down System/Synaptic
> Package Manager.
>
> This morning that route doesn't work!  I can, however, open Synaptic
> in a terminal with:
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/synaptic
>
> I have no idea as to what the problem, or the solution, may be.  Any
> pointers towards a solution will be much appreciated.

You mean there is problem with the menu not showing synaptic as an option,
or it shows it as an option but nothing happens when selected?

Also I'd say it is a problem with your DE/WM whatever that is.

--
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who
are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."