Re: Two copies of E-Mail (Re: I wish to advocate linux)

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> In case anyone wishes to point out to Bob that this information is
> on the end of every email, it was not at the end of Bob's email, so
> give him the benefit of the doubt and spare him - please?

I know what you meant and I agree.  Confusingly there are also two
Bobs in that thread. :-)

But I am a pedantic sort and so must say that every message does have
the unsubscribe instructions added to the bottom of the message.  But
whether it is displayed or not depends upon your mailer.  Signed
messages like mine usually cause the mailer to only display the signed
part of the message.  Additional parts are hidden.

Look at the raw message.  Scroll down to the bottom.  The mailing list
includes them on each message.  But your mailer doesn't show you
anything outside the signed portion.  Additionally the headers of
every message also includes subscribe and unsubscribe information.  It
was just a shame that it was my message that was replied to since most
of the messages are not signed.  The majority of the messages will
have that text plainly dislayed.

To add some value to this message I will say that in the last 5704
messages sent to debian-user in the last 120 days there were there
were 34 posters who signed 775 messages.  There were 764 posters who
did not sign 764 messages.  There were 4.3% (34) of the posters
signing 13.6% (775) of the messages.  There were 95.7% (764) of the
posters not signing 86.4% (4929) of the messages.  There were an
average of 47.5 messages per day.

Bob