Re: unattended-upgrades not working

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 08:32:47PM +0100, A wrote:
> Hola, David,
>
> The file exists under that path, but I can't confirm if it's running since
> 'invoke-rc.d unattended-upgrades status' returns no output. The same for
> 'start' or 'stop' options, no output. I've checked that the proper symlinks
> to the file exist under "/etc/rc0.d" and "/etc/rc6.d".
>
> In addition, after checking the content of the file [1], I think that it
> would affect unattended-upgrades only if the option
> "Unattended-Upgrade::InstallOnShutdown" in
> "/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades" would be "true". Which is not
> my case.
> Anyway, I would appreciate if you could provide a way to check if the
> "/etc/init.d/unattended-upgrades" is up and running.

Apparently, there's no such service, it's simply a hook to be run on
shutdown.
Have you checked if manually calling the program, e.g:

# unattended-upgrade --dry-run

works as expected?

Does the package provide a cron job for scheduled unattended upgrades?
If not, you might need to write one yourself.

--
Primary key fingerprint: AD8F BDC0 5A2C FD5F A179  60E7 F79B AB04 5299 EC56