Re: Raid 5

On 06/03/13 01:37 PM, Dick Thomas wrote:
What is the best way to setup a raid 5 array (4* 2TB drives)
should I make raid 5 for my system and /home
then raid 0 or 1 for the boot, or should I buy a 5th drive for
system/boot and install in the standard way?
as this is my 1st time on debian and not sure what would be best

Make one large RAID5 array then partition the RAID array as you like (/, /home, swap, etc..). This is bootable using grub so there is no need for a separate /boot.