Re: encrypt connection pc to proxy server

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 10:53:55AM +0100, oxy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> >> you could set up an encrypted VPN between yourself and it, or
>
> actually, i 1st thought only about http(s) browsing.

I assumed you had a proxy somewhere, to which you were connecting.

> PS: by secure i meant not readable browsing history from my ISP.

OK. In that case, consider running Tor. Tor will encrypt your connection
and tunnel it to a Tor node. You ISP will only see those encrypted
connections; it should not be able to see what's being transferred or
where the final destination is.

Read https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en for more details.