Re: Netgear Series N Router as Access Point Poisons our LAN.

On 05/03/13 17:53, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I turn off the AP. She stops and restarts WiFi on her
> phone and all is right with the world once again.
>
> 	By the way, you do not ever use the WAN port on the AP.
> Just plug a cable from the switch to one of the switch ports on
> the AP and the AP starts relaying the traffic on the LAN to
> WiFi.

I would check the following, even if you've already tried (consumer
routers can be a little funky):
* Is DHCP really off ?
* Are both your WiFi boxes using different LAN IP addresses ?
* Can you reproduce the problem connecting to either box alone ?
* Can you reproduce the problem roaming between boxes ?
* Is either access point advertising IPv6 ?

You may also want to investigate DD-WRT or another alternative firmware
for your WiFi only router. This may give you greater control over the
network and stop these kind of problems.

Tom