Re: Not for me.

Em 04-03-2013 17:53, Mark Filipak escreveu:
On 2013/3/4 3:44 PM, João Luis Meloni Assirati wrote:
Em 04-03-2013 17:09, Mark Filipak escreveu:
On 2013/3/4 2:35 PM, João Luis Meloni Assirati wrote:
So you cannot reproduce the bug, right?

I didn't try, João Luis.

For you, I will.

No, not for me. This list is archived and new Debian users may read your postings and conclude that the GUI installer does not work or has lower quality. In fact, they may think that the whole Debian is low quality because your comments are all derogatory. After being able to install Debian with the kind and patient help of some list members, it is only fair that you contribute back giving the recipe on how to reproduce the bug or admit that it was your fault and the bug does not exist at all.

It will take me an hour or two.

It took much more that two man-hour to help you.

This experience has brought me a realization - every problem comes with an opportunity in one of its hands, isn't that true?

Oh yes, I'm sure that some people learned a lot here.

Linux is not a GUI-OS. It's an X-Windows host. There's a big difference. The primary interaction with the Windows kernel is through GUIs. The primary interaction with the Linux kernel is through the command line. That's why Linux seems so hostile, and that realization should point the way to making it friendlier. Of primary importance: The first impression Linux makes during installation.

How can someone who did not try the standard install tools come to that conclusion? You are simply wrong and leading others to err.

João Luis.

You snake. I replied to you privately and you published my reply in public.

I replicated the install bug, but I'm not going to play your game. Goodbye.

Just to be recorded on the list: The bug is not reproducible or does not exist. The user was able to install flawlessly a Debian system including a graphical desktop and wireless networking.

Congratulations to all upstream and Debian developers, and debian-user list members.

João Luis.