Re: future of dbmail in Debian

On 2013-03-04 11:04 +0100, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:

> I am using dbmail package [1] at home and at work for many years
> already. I just noticed that dbmail is not in Wheezy and is also
> kicked out from Sid (for i386). I found bug [2] telling that
> maintainer is not responding.
>
> 1. http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/dbmail
> 2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=672643
>
> What is the current status of that package?

It has been removed from Debian, see
http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dbmail.html.

> I found that dbmail project is still active. There is even ready
> package from dbmail developers to install in Sid [3][4]. So why dbmail
> is not in Wheezy and not even in Sid? What needs to be done to get it
> back in Debian?

Somebody needs to re-package it.

> 3. http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dbmail/14263
> 4. http://debian.nfgd.net/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-amd64/mail/
>
> If the problem is that package maintainer is not responding, can
> somebody else upload it please?

There is someone who volunteered, see http://bugs.debian.org/687803.
However, that was six months ago and no sign of progress is visible.
So you may want to ask the submitter of that bug if he's still
interested (be sure to CC the bug report).

Cheers,
       Sven