Re: Who may post on the list.

Dear Lisi,

On 3/4/13, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there were a moderator I would be contacting her/him.  As there is not, I
> want the list's opinion, and it cannot give an opinion without the data.
>
> As I see it Mark has no right to dictate what list members may or may not do
> on-list, nor to lay down ground rules.

Mark has a right of free speech, as do you. This is a public mailing list.

As such, he has a right to say what he likes. As do you.

Similarly, he is with the right to lay down as many ground rules as he
so chooses. Just as you are attempting to do here :)

Of course, certain individuals, apparently yourself included, may take
some netiquette-offense to his free expressions. Just as it seems that
he has similarly taken some from yourself.

If Mark seeks a response from yourself to his technical questions,
then he may wish to moderate his ground rules, but nothing can bind
his right of free speech in this way, other than his own free will.

With the power of a freedom, one may wish to exercise moderation, or
whatever one's own idea of "wisdom" is.

With the exercise of a freedom, one may discover consequences other
than (perhaps naively) expected :)

Oh the joys of being human in a world of other humans :) :)

Lisi, I consider it a good thing that you feel strongly enough about
your position to voice it publicly. The spirit of learning in action.

Regards
Zenaan

PS: Dear Mark, welcome to the list. Great to see your endeavours in
regards to Debian etc, as well as your 'broad shoulders'; such can be
a great asset navigating the wild and woolly world or freedom-loving
libre-tech people.