future of dbmail in Debian

Hi Debian

I am using dbmail package [1] at home and at work for many years already. I just noticed that dbmail is not in Wheezy and is also kicked out from Sid (for i386). I found bug [2] telling that maintainer is not responding.

1. http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/dbmail
2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=672643

What is the current status of that package?

I found that dbmail project is still active. There is even ready package from dbmail developers to install in Sid [3][4]. So why dbmail is not in Wheezy and not even in Sid? What needs to be done to get it back in Debian?

3. http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dbmail/14263
4. http://debian.nfgd.net/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-amd64/mail/

If the problem is that package maintainer is not responding, can somebody else upload it please?
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov