Re: Latest sid upgrade breaks hot-key suspend-to-ram on T410 - SOLVED

Claudius Hubig wrote:
> Dear Joel,
>
> Joel Roth wrote:
> > The latest upgrade has broken hot-key suspend-to-ram (invoked by
> > Fn-F4).
> >
> > I find that s2ram *does* work, as well as hibernate.
>
> Cool. Does pm-suspend (a wrapper that does some funky things before
> calling s2ram) work, too?

yes, that works, too.

> > Any idea against which package I should file a bug?
>
> At least here (T410s), Fn-F4 generates an ACPI event that is then
> handled by an appropriate file in /etc/acpi/events, which in turn
> calls some script to do the actual suspending.
>
> If you have a similarly ‘bare’ setup without other daemons
> (gnome-power-manager etc.), you might want to check there.
>
> Otherwise, you can check /var/log/apt/history.log to see which
> packages were upgraded last or at least give us some more information -

Good suggestion! I see my upgrade ended in an error.

Correcting a problem package by using 'apt-get -f install <packagename>'
allowed the upgrade to proceed, fixing my issue.

> Which desktop environment? Are any power managers running? If so,
> which?

I use StumpWM, no power managers (clear execute permissions of cpufreqd)

Thanks for your help :-)