Re: [OT] re: trolls and operating systems [was: Install failed - let's start again, without bogus assumptions, please.]

> Joao Luis Meloni Assirati wrote:
>>>>

>>> Do you really want to start a "debate" on best OS ever? Talk about an
>>> ugly religious argument, even if we exclude anyone dumb (or trollish)
>>> enough to consider any version of Windows anywhere close to in the
>>> running. :-)
>> But I think it is not about a "debate on best OS ever". It is about
>> getting everybody working for him. Everyody must solve his problems to
>> show that Linux is better than Windows. This is a classic case of
>> trolling. He used this zombie technique before when he said that Windows
>> is much easier to install than Linux, and managed to get people
>> enslaved,
>> desperate to show that Linux is so superior that even unspeakable
>> problems
>> can be solved.
>
> I'm not sure that's it.  I think it's just that we can't let go of a
> problem to solve; or this guy is irritating us, or something.  I'm
> pretty sure that nobody here really feels we need to prove the
> superiority of Linux over Windows.  (Now if we wanted to talk serious
> operating systems, then we'd be talking about Tenex, ITS, Plan 9,
> Symbolics, Apollo/Domain, .... but that a religious argument for another
> day :-)

Look, he did it again in the other thread:

>> Linux has the concept of virtual terminals (VTs).
> Ah, yes. Windows had such a switcher addin about 20 years ago.

I don't know if some people in the list fall for the trick, but he is
definitely using it.

He uses other tricks too, like saying that he will accept anyone's
suggestion but from person X. Then everybody starts to work for him,
including person X who has remorses. Here X is for example Lisi, who
solved the problem ages ago (partitioning problem).

João Luis.