Re: Installation failed - again - why am I not surprised

On 2013/3/1 7:47 PM, Joao Luis Meloni Assirati wrote:
Do you want to help?
If no, stop reading now (I don't need more heckling).

Do you want help? Then don't write agressive email with sarcastic subject.

What I did:

[...]

What you tried to do requires great Linux skill and knowledge. It is
beyond your possibilities to even understand help on this. Use standard
solutions that work for everybody instead.

Okay, what went wrong:

[...]

If you were able to figure out all by yourself, why ask for help? You
should be able to solve the problem.

Mount error message too cryptic - too generic (does not tell what actually
happened).
GRUB & LILO install failures unexplained - no help.

There is a tale in my country about an arrogant man that considered absurd
that a pumpkin, being a large fruit, comes from a short plant, and the
blackberry [1] comes from a tall tree although it is a tiny fruit. He kept
thinking like this until he fell asleep under a blackberry tree and was
awaken by a blackberry hitting his nose.

Maybe when you have the required skill and knowledge, which comes from
practice, persistence and good attitude, you will be able to realize that
fundamental and ubiquous utilities like mount, grub and lilo have precise
behaviour and useful error messages.

Any/all help appreciated except from Lisi Reisz.

Don't expect any/all help with this attitude.

OK, I gave my share feeding a troll today.

João Luis.

-----

[1] Actually, the tale is about the jabuticaba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabuticaba but it is generally regarded to be
impossible to explain what a jabuticaba is to a non-Brazilian, so I
adapted Moteiro Lobato's story.

João, kindly stop responding to this thread. I want help, not noise.