Re: 10 top myths of debian

On Friday 01 March 2013 22:33:37 Dick Thomas wrote:
> that packages outside of the main Repo aren't tested as well as
> the main so are prone to failure or bugs

The first of these propositions is true, the second false.  Several of the
repos are very well tested indeed and rock solid (e.g. main and security),
but there are repos which are tested less:  non-free and contrib for example.
They are still not "prone to failure or bugs".  The detail depends on the
version.  In the case of stable, they are still considerably less buggy than
another well known distro's main repository.  I personally have never had a
problem arising from a Debian Stable repository, even non-free.  I have had a
problem with chromium, but that has its own repository.

Lisi