10 top myths of debian

Hello,

Me and my lug have a weekly radio show and I thought I would do a
"debian myths" piece
it only has to be 4 or 5 min long but i'd need 5 or 10 myths abou
debian  *with links to why they are myth*
I'm new to debian but not a new Linux user, so I don't know what is a
myth or not
  things like this have been mentioned before by Ubuntu and Slackware
users and I never know how to answer

*** that packages outside of the main Repo aren't tested as well as
the main so are prone to failure or bugs
*** Debian is hard to install (i know this is a myth, I find Debian
the easiest of the lot)
*** Debian is always out of date and even the "stable" is unsecure as
its backported fixes rather than updates
and any other points you could think of wouldl be awesome

Dick Thomas

About.me http://about.me/dick.thomas
Blog: www.xpd259.co.uk
G+:   www.google.com/profiles/xpd259