An Apology was:Re: Moving from a proprietary OS - unnecessarily inful experience -- was [Re: I wish to advocate linux]

On Friday 01 March 2013 08:33:41 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Thirdly, I didn't notice yesterday, but he is not even telling the truth.
>  He cannot both be around 70 (he usually says he is approaching 70) and
> have worked on/with punched cards in 1949.  (Do the arithmetic.)

It has been drawn to my attention off list that I am wrong about this.  And,
even had it been right, it was pretty catty anyway.  (I haven't yet read the
list today, but several of you have probably told me so).

 I have been thinking all day that when I got back to a computer (I have been
oit all day) I must apologise - before it was drawn to my attention that I
had got the date wrong.

I shall now read the list.  If 20 of you have written to say how catty I was,
I acknowledge all 20 here.

Lisi