Re: Sharing sound between users on wheezy.

On Sb, 12 ian 13, 16:51:09, Sthu Deus wrote:

> In other words I see: 2 mplayer2 under 2 users at the same time can
> share SB, whereas 1 mplayer2 and 1 jackd under 2 users can not share SB.
> Do You have any comments on my setup?

I'm guessing JACK is blocking the sound card completely. Not a big
surprise considering it is meant for serious audio work, which requires
low latencies.

Since as far as I understand you need JACK anyway I suggest you
configure the system around it. Let it take control of your sound card
and make sure any other applications output directly to it. Most modern
applications should be able to do that (I only checked mplayer2 in
wheezy though).

Kind regards,
Andrei