Re: Local copy of ALL man pages

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:19:31AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> When I've wanted to look at a man page for an uninstalled package
> I've used http://manpages.debian.net .
> It would more convenient to have *ALL* pages available locally.
>
> Are they available to download as a set somewhere on the web? [I use
> squeeze.]
>
> I have copied all the .deb files from the 8 DVD install set to a USB
> drive.  How could I extract all the man pages?

I think I have found the solution to your problem. In the debian-goodies
package there is a program called "debmany" that will show a man page
from an installed or uninstalled package. It seems to rely on fetching
the manpages from a repository, so you would need to make a local
repository out of all those *.deb files, but that's a common enough
task.