Re: how to buy an ideal laptop RAM module?

Hi war_dhan

What brand and type is your laptop?

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:58:03 +0530, vishnu vardhan wrote:

> questions:
> without opening the laptop where can i find info about number of pins &
> voltage capacity of my memory module ? [ i am scared to open laptop ].

Usually there's a cover to access the modules easily.
With the type name of your laptop you should be able to find what kind of
ram module you need. How many pins, ddr? and frequency...

I'm far from an expert but Wikipedia helps here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECC_memory

> if my present ram type is sodimm, should i purchase only sodimm or dimm
> ?

Yes you should.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO-DIMM

> some memory modules contain SDRAM in item details, what is the
> realtionship of SDRAM with ram ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDRAM

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers