Re: live server monitoring graphs

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 05:20:15PM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> is there any software which can show me live performance graphs of
> every server. for example.
>
> Process graphs.
> Hard Drive read and write graphs.
> Network traffic graph.
> RAM utilization graph.
>
> so that in one monitor/LCD  i can see multiple graphs of multiple
> servers and monitor them live.

There are various "almost live" graphing solutions (munin, collectd,
cricket), but if you need real-time data, have a look at the venerable
"GKrellM" (packages: gkrellm, gkrellmd and gkrell*). That has a client-server mode whereby you can run one instance in a headless, data-gathering mode on your server and then another instance on your desktop to display the data.

For real-time monitoring, I've not found anything better than GKrellM
in terms of power and ease-of-use).